Sunday, September 22, 2013

Not Another One!

Once upon a time there was a pin.

This is as far as I got. What's an author without an idea to write about? Or rather what's an author without the ability to create ideas to write about? Where do ideas come from? Surely, they aren't simply conjured up by our unlimited imagination. Because, if they were then I wouldn't be sitting here writing yet another post about having writer's block.

Since I moved back to the States, I say move back only because I was born here. I should say, since I moved to the States, I have found myself immersed in a world of unlimited possibilities. Only problem is, those unlimited possibilities have not lent themselves to my writing. I still remain without the ability to form a solid idea that could unfold into an amazing, or at least, an acceptable story.

Perhaps, I'm trying too hard? Can a writer write too much? And if a writer has nothing to write, or does not have the ability to write, can this person be called a writer? Is it fair to assume that all writers should have an idea of what they want to write about? I have plenty of ideas, some of them I've written down and archived. Some of my ideas are simply ideas of having ideas. It's a vicious loop, a nightmare ride that you can't get off of unless you plummet to your doom and wake up in a cold sweat. If you're lucky enough you may even be able to tweet about it.

Is it possible to dream tweet? I've done it twice. I've dreamed and then, barely awake, turned on my phone and tweeted about it. They say your mind works in mysterious ways. I say it's the lack of proper sleep, the obsession to keep my followers up to date about my mundane existence, my bad habit of sleeping with my phone by my bed side table, that truly contributes to my so called "genius".

Maybe I'm being too hard on myself, perhaps I should just let things happen. After all I work better when I'm not aware of it. Case in point, this post. No, I'm not dream blogging. But I am half awake, or half asleep, depending on your time zone. Guess it does help to pour out all your thoughts, clear your mind of the muddle. Who knows, I may end up writing the next best seller tomorrow? ... Baby steps.

xoxo
The Girl With The Kaleidoscope

No comments:

Post a Comment