Monday, April 22, 2013

Poem of an Insomniac

On occasion I will dabble in some poetry. It usually hits me during the most awkward moments in my life, usually when emotions are high. Or when I'm burning the midnight oil staring at the wall in the darkness, and watching the shadows that aren't there form a story of their own. On occasion my mind is brilliant, she'll express what I'm feeling with such coherent articulation, that I fear she may be a little too creative for me. On occasion you will get something like the following:

A Beautiful Mind
by The Girl with the Kaleidoscope
Written September 28, 2011

When you sit in your bed and contemplate,
Your mind drifts off to speculate,

Is this what life is supposed to be?
Wandering thoughts about frivolous things?

Can I be someone of deep contemplation?
Or does my mind suffer from lack of imagination?

Drifting off to sleep I sometimes ponder,
How is it my dreams are so much deeper?

The mind is truly magnificent,

If only I could deep contemplate,
Speculate and let my imagination tap into it!


The Girl with the Kaleidoscope
@Yaya_Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment